Recipe: Spinach Basil Pesto Breakfast Bowl
Category: Breakfast (or any meal); Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo, Vegetarian
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 5 min
- 1 cup arugula
- 1-2 cups kale (stemmed)
- 3 radishes
- 1 small sweet potato
- 1/4 medium to large avocado or 1/2 small avocado
- 2 organic, pasture raised eggs
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- Pink Himalayan sea salt salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp homemade spinach basil pesto (recipe here)
- Add arugula to a large salad bowl.
- Microwave or boil sweet potato to soften then cut into cubes. Place sweet potato in large pan with 1 tbsp coconut oil and cook until it becomes crispy around the edges. Salt sweet potato to your preference. *Remove from pan and place in small bowl*
- Sautee kale in same pan with coconut oil (1/2-1 tbsp) and sea salt until kale is crispy. Remove from pan and place on arugula.
- In the same pan, spray coconut oil cooking spray or add more coconut oil to lightly coat the pan and crack 2 eggs. Cook the eggs on low heat until the whites are cooked and carefully flip the egg to cook the other side (don’t overcook the egg if you want to have a runny yolk).
- Assemble your bowl by adding sweet potatoes, eggs, radishes, and avocado on top of the arugula and kale.
- Drizzle 1 Tbsp of pesto sauce on top and enjoy 🙂