Recipe: Spinach Basil Pesto
Category: Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo, Vegan
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 0 min
Yields: 1-2 cups pesto
- 3 cups spinach or kale
- 2 cup basil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup raw nuts (almonds, sunflower seeds, cashews, or pine nuts)
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- pepper to taste
- Combine spinach, basil, garlic, and nuts in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Add olive oil, lemon juice, and nutritional yeast and process until fully incorporated and smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to your preference.
*Great to add to pasta, zoodles, eggs, sandwiches, etc. – Pictured: spiralized zucchini, beets, and carrots with pesto sauce and pine nuts*
(*Pro tip: Store individual servings in an ice cube tray in your freezer to keep fresh and thaw upon using*)